Hello, Benjamin from Brothers Campfire here!
Yesterday, I installed a zipline.
It was a different location than planned which made it 200 feet long with a fairly significant slope.
Having only installed several small ziplines out of spare parts, I had a learning curve along the way, but used some of my experience as a crane rigger to figure out things like moving a heavy cable where it needed to go.
(We picked up a cable winch to finish the job.)
Upon installation , we sent a hundred-pound punching bag down to ensure it was safe.
We discovered there were a few obstacles and that the bungee stop was too close to the end of the route.
The fourteen-year veteran of life was done with hypotheticals. He harnessed up, and after a warning about a potential hard stop at the end, down he went.
We winched her tighter and cleared more area to ensure more safety. The bungee stop was moved much further than the hard stop.
All said, we had a great experience on the install. I will be back as needed, but for the most part, it is good to go!