Benjamin from Brothers Campfire here.
Yesterday, I burned the pallets that were dumped on me the other day.
Now that they are gone, I am no longer irritated. I may have to keep my fence gate closed for a while to prevent reoccurrence .
It was bound to happen eventually when I put word out that I wanted compostable materials.
Composting isn’t glamorous.
One of the recent drops was ALL thorn bushes and a wee bit of juniper. I was stumped for two hours on how to move it as a shovel wasnt working well.
Then… I remembered gloves. I never wear them for work and it didn’t even cross my mind for a while. They worked.
After removing the offending gloves, I stacked tightly tied bundles of sticks high around the base of my fruit trees. I filled the gaps in with woodchips to keep the roots from weather.
After the grunt work was done, I checked on the bees, and they are thriving with the new candy and quilt setup. I built a windbreak with the junipers for them and it seemed to drastically warm the area by blocking the wind. I am doing everything I can to get them through the winter.
I also collected seeds . These included hollyhock, milkweed, mullen, sunflower, and pumpkin. Next year, it would be nice to start a few things from seed. Flowers will be a big priority as I nurture my bees.
As the weather cools, the garage will soon be my new hang out spot. I am hoping to build my own bee hives to cut expenses. Infrastructure holds frugal new beekeepers back considerably.
Well, that is all for now.